A Community First Yorkshire event
Trustee Essentials Session 1 – Being the Best Trustee: Induction and Refresher
What makes a really great trustee?
It’s not just about bringing your passion to support a good cause – you also need to understand the basics of governance, legal and financial requirements and different roles in your organisation.
We can help you gain the knowledge you need to fulfill your role with confidence and to have impact.
This live, interactive training will give you a clear understanding of the role of a trustee in practice, and help you develop skills and enhance board performance.
What will you learn?
By the end of the course you will have an understanding of:
- Roles of ‘trustee, director and management committee’
- Voluntary and community sector legal structures
- Governance and the key principles of good governance
- Trustee legal duties and responsibilities
- How to make the split between management and governance work.
Take advantage of our trustee training bundle
You can either dip your toe into this one training session, or dive right in to our trustee training bundle.
We’ve developed a suite of trustee training that covers everything you need to know about becoming a great trustee, as set out in the Charity Good Governance Code – from finance and risk, to safeguarding, diversity and recruitment.
Why not buy the bundle and share the six sessions across your board or management committee – saving you money and sharing the knowledge.
Other training sessions available to you include:
- Trustee Essentials Session 1 – Being the Best Trustee: Induction and Refresher
- Trustee Essentials Session 2 – Understanding Risk is My Business
- Trustee Essentials Session 3 – Understanding Money is My Business
- Trustee Essentials Session 4 – Safeguarding Responsibilities for Trustees
- Trustee Essentials Session 5 – Building an Inclusive Board
- Trustee Essentials Session 6 – How to Successfully Recruit Trustees
Who should attend?
- Trustees keen to take the next step in performance.
- Trustees wanting to take on more board responsibility.
- Experienced trustees wanting a refresher.
Please note this training is aimed at organisations and groups based in North Yorkshire or delivering services within North Yorkshire.
About the trainer
Shahida Iqbal, Director, Manar Associates Ltd
Shahida has extensive experience of supporting charities to work through governance issues.
I am so impressed with this course that I have had agreement that all our new trustees will attend it.
Philip Richardson, MBE
If you have any questions about booking or invoicing please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01904 704177.
Attendees can receive refunds for cancellations up to 7 days before the event date.
This event is free to organisations in North Yorkshire with an income of up to £5k thanks to funding from North Yorkshire County Council.
Places for other organisations are £35 (incl VAT) for this session only / £90 (incl VAT) for this session and 5 Trustee Essentials sessions.
If you are a small organisation that would struggle to attend this training, a limited number of bursary places may be available. Please contact email@example.com or 01904 704177 to discuss this further.
Please note that non-attendance on training you have booked on will require the full payment, this also applies to bursary and funded places. This is to allow as many participants as possible access to our training. See our Terms and Conditions for more information.