A Community First Yorkshire event
Trustee Essentials Session 1 – Being the Best Trustee: Induction and Refresher
A strong board is one of the hallmarks of an effective charity. This training will enable you to have a clear understanding of the role of a trustee in practice, to develop skills and enhance board performance.
This live, interactive training focuses on the role in practice. Along with our five ‘bitesize learning’ sessions our training will support you in your role as trustee and ensure you are meeting the Charity Good Governance Code.
See our other bite-size sessions:
- Trustee Essentials Session 1 – Being the Best Trustee: Induction and Refresher
- Trustee Essentials Session 2 – Understanding Risk is My Business
- Trustee Essentials Session 3 – Understanding Money is My Business
- Trustee Essentials Session 4 – Safeguarding Responsibilities for Trustees
- Trustee Essentials Session 5 – Building an Inclusive Board
- Trustee Essentials Session 6 – How to Successfully Recruit Trustees
Who should attend?
- Trustees keen to take the next step in performance.
- Trustees wanting to take on more board responsibility.
- Experienced trustees wanting a refresher.
Please note this training is aimed at organisations and groups based in North Yorkshire or delivering services within North Yorkshire.
What will you learn?
By the end of the course you will have an understanding of:
- Roles of ‘trustee, director and management committee’
- Voluntary and community sector legal structures.
- Governance and the key principles of good governance.
- Trustee legal duties and responsibilities.
- How to make the split between management and governance work.
About the trainer
Shahida Iqbal, Director, Manar Associates Ltd
Shahida has extensive experience of supporting charities to work through governance issues.
I am so impressed with this course that I have had agreement that all our new trustees will attend it.
Philip Richardson, MBE
Booking deadline date: Tuesday 10 January 2023, 18:00 pm
If you have any questions about booking or invoicing please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01904 704177.
Attendees can receive refunds for cancellations up to 7 days before the event date.
This event is free to organisations in North Yorkshire with an income of up to £5k thanks to funding from North Yorkshire County Council.
Places for other organisations are £35 (incl VAT) for this session only / £90 (incl VAT) for this session and 5 Trustee Essentials sessions.
If you are a small organisation that would struggle to attend this training, a limited number of bursary places may be available. Please contact email@example.com or 01904 704177 to discuss this further.
Please note that non-attendance on training you have booked on will require the full payment, this also applies to bursary and funded places. This is to allow as many participants as possible access to our training. See our Terms and Conditions for more information.