What makes a really great trustee?
It’s not just about bringing your passion to support a good cause – you also need to understand the basics of governance, legal and financial requirements and different roles in your organisation.
We can help you gain the knowledge you need to fulfil your role with confidence and to have impact.
This live, interactive training will give you a clear understanding of the role of a trustee in practice, and help you develop skills and enhance board performance.
What will you learn?
By the end of the course you will have an understanding of:
- Roles of ‘trustee, director and management committee’
- Voluntary and community sector legal structures
- Governance and the key principles of good governance
- Trustee legal duties and responsibilities
- How to make the split between management and governance work.
Take advantage of our suite of trustee training sessions
You can either dip your toe into this one training session, or dive right in to all of our sessions.
We’ve developed a suite of trustee training that covers everything you need to know about becoming a great trustee, as set out in the Charity Good Governance Code – from finance and risk, to safeguarding, diversity and recruitment.
Other training sessions available to you include: