A Community First Yorkshire event
Intro to DBS products and services
The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) has launched a Regional Safeguarding Outreach service, which will focus on working collaboratively with local authorities, organisations and networks to develop relationships and raise awareness of DBS as a safeguarding body.
- The workshop will cover;
- Outlining the role of the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Understanding DBS checks and role eligibility, including levels of check and workforce.
- How “regulated activity” with children and adults is defined and what this means in practice.
- An organisation’s duties and responsibilities in regards to referring to the DBS.
- Understand the DBS barring process and the consequences of being placed on one or both barred lists.
- How to get support from DBS.
The workshop lasts 1hr plus 30mins at the end for Q&A.
Who should attend?
Appropriate for anyone who needs to know a little bit about DBS but not in great depth.
About the trainer
The workshop will be presented by Rebecca Bool, the Regional Safeguarding Outreach Officer for the Disclosure and Barring Service within Yorkshire & The Humber.
How to book
Book your place here. Booking deadline date: 14 Nov – 12 noon.
If you have any questions about booking or invoicing please contact email@example.com or telephone 01904 704 177.