What makes an effective volunteer manager/coordinator? What are the key responsibilities and how do they differ across the sector?
How can you ensure effective recruitment and induction of volunteers? What does volunteering look like in different contexts?
This NEWLY REVISED two-part Managing Volunteers training provides the knowledge you need to fulfil your role with confidence and to have impact.
In this first two and a half hour interactive session we will cover:
- Good Practice in Involving Volunteers
- Reaching and Recruiting Volunteers
The second session of our supporting volunteer management training takes place on Thursday 30 November and will look at supporting and developing volunteers, and celebrating the impact of your volunteers.
*BOOK BOTH MANAGING VOLUNTEERS TRAINING SESSIONS TOGETHER AND SAVE £20!
By the end of the session you will have an understanding of:
The definition of volunteering, types of volunteering opportunities and the nature and background of those who volunteer
What makes a volunteer different from other types of workers?
- Volunteers and the law
- Why people do and don’t volunteer, including potential barriers to volunteering
- Other things to consider when involving volunteers
- Policies and procedures
- Risk assessments
- How to write a role description
- Where to advertise roles to reach potential volunteers (approaches currently used and found to be most effective)
- How to write engaging adverts
- Different stages of the recruitment process
When it is appropriate to undertake extra checks: DBS, offending, foreign nationals, SEND.