They’re your organisations greatest asset, but how do you support and celebrate your volunteers?
Volunteers give their time, energy and enthusiasm, and are a vital part of your organisation or group’s work. What do you do to thank them and recognise the essential part they have to play in your organisation?
Using good practice examples, we will explore how the meaningful support and celebration of volunteers leads to a better volunteer experience and increased retention.
What will you learn?
This training will help you understand:
- The importance of supporting your volunteers throughout their time with you
- About the different types of support you can offer, including ongoing training
- How to increase volunteer retention
- How to celebrate and share the impact your volunteers have
- The best way to say thank you.
Following the session, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate and share volunteer impact with volunteers, potential volunteers and external audiences
- Support your volunteers as individuals on their volunteer journey
- Hold meaningful catch up sessions
- Conduct exit interviews.
We’ll provide a step by step plan and the resources to help you write your own:
- Support and supervision procedure
- Volunteer communications e.g. newsletter
- Success stories e.g. blogs, case studies, podcasts
- Training plans
- Exit interview form.
We’ll also include templates, best practise examples and links to further information.
Take advantage of our volunteer management training package
You can either dip your toe into this one training session, or dive right in to our volunteer management training bundle.
We’ve developed a suite of volunteer management training that covers everything you need to know about becoming a great volunteer manager, from policies and planning, to safeguarding, celebrating, recruitment and retention.
Other training sessions available to you include: