Safeguarding: it’s everyone’s responsibility to protect people from harm or abuse.
As a trustee, you have a responsibility to prioritise the safety of anyone who comes into contact with your organisation or group whether they are beneficiaries, volunteers, staff or visitors.
This workshop focuses on developing trustees’ confidence in safeguarding matters, and ensuring that you are up to date with the latest good safeguarding governance, and your responsibility as a trustee.
This live, interactive training focuses on the role application of trustee duties in the context of safeguarding. Along with our other trustee training, we can support you in your role as trustee and ensure you are meeting the Charity Good Governance Code.
What will you learn?
Participants will develop their knowledge and understanding of:
- The role of trust, assurance and accountability in the context of safeguarding in charities
- What is meant by good safeguarding governance
- Safeguarding duties and responsibilities of trustees within your charity
- How to access a range of up to date informative resources on good practice
- How to access further safeguarding policy and procedure support beyond the workshop.
You will leave the workshop with practical tools to help increase the effectiveness of your group. There will also be an opportunity to network with other organisations.
Take advantage of our suite of trustee training sessions
You can either dip your toe into this one training session, or dive right in to all of our sessions.
We’ve developed a suite of trustee training that covers everything you need to know about becoming a great trustee, as set out in the Charity Good Governance Code – from finance and risk, to safeguarding, diversity and recruitment.
Other training sessions available to you include: