A Community First Yorkshire event
Trustee Essentials Session 4 – Safeguarding Responsibilities for Trustees
Safeguarding: it’s everyone’s responsibility to protect people from harm or abuse.
This workshop focuses on developing trustees’ confidence in safeguarding matters.
The training is designed to increase the awareness and understanding of good safeguarding governance and the responsibilities of charity trustees.
The workshop provides an opportunity to discuss the application of trustee duties in the context of safeguarding.
This live, interactive training focuses on the role in practice. Along with our four other ‘bitesize learning’ sessions and ‘Being the Best Trustee’ our training will support you in your role as trustee and ensure you are meeting the Charity Good Governance Code.
See our other bite-size sessions:
- Trustee Essentials Session 1 – Being the Best Trustee: Induction and Refresher
- Trustee Essentials Session 2 – Understanding Risk is My Business
- Trustee Essentials Session 3 – Understanding Money is My Business
- Trustee Essentials Session 4 – Safeguarding Responsibilities for Trustees
- Trustee Essentials Session 5 – Building an Inclusive Board
- Trustee Essentials Session 6 – How to Successfully Recruit Trustees
Who should attend?
This training is suitable for trustees of charities, chief executives, and key decision makers who want to develop an understanding of safeguarding matters.
Please note this training is aimed at organisations and groups based in North Yorkshire or delivering services within North Yorkshire.
What will you learn?
Participants will develop their knowledge and understanding of:
- The role of trust, assurance and accountability in the context of safeguarding in charities.
- What is meant by good safeguarding governance.
- Safeguarding duties and responsibilities of trustees within your charity.
- How to access a range of up to date informative resources on good practice.
- How to access further safeguarding policy and procedure support beyond the workshop.
- You will leave the workshop with practical tools to help increase the effectiveness of your group.
- This will also be an opportunity to network with other organisations
Booking deadline date: Tuesday 14 February 2023, 12:00pm
If you have any questions about booking or invoicing please contact email@example.com or telephone 01904 704177.
Attendees can receive refunds for cancellations up to 7 days before the event date.
This event is free to organisations in North Yorkshire with an income of up to £5k thanks to funding from North Yorkshire County Council.
Places for other organisations are £18pp (incl VAT) for this session only / £90 (incl VAT) for this session and 5 Trustee Essentials sessions.
If you are a small organisation that would struggle to attend this training, a limited number of bursary places may be available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01904 704177 to discuss this further.
Please note that non-attendance on training you have booked on will require the full payment, this also applies to bursary and funded places. This is to allow as many participants as possible access to our training. See our Terms and Conditions for more information.