NEW for 2023: Having trustees with a diverse mix of expertise and life experiences can help your board/committee make decisions.
However, why is it that only a third of trustees are women, 8% are people of colour and one third are under 50?
50% of charities report that their board does not reflect the communities they serve; and 74% of charities struggle to find the trustees they need.
How do trustees recruit a more diverse board and what benefits would that bring to your organisation?
This 2 ½ hour training session will explore tried and tested practical actions you can take to recruit and retain diverse trustees. It will get you to think differently about how you approach your recruitment. Diversifying your board could be one of the very best things you do for the strength, resilience and relevance of your organisation.
By the end of the course you will have an understanding of:
- What inclusion means in a board context
- What diverse recruitment looks like in practice
- Barriers to trustee inclusion
- Practical and dynamic steps trustees can take to create an inclusive board culture
- Some of the typical features of a well-functioning board/committee with good board/committee dynamics
- How to recognise and help develop positive dynamics
In addition, the workshop will discuss how to develop positive and constructive relationships amongst board/committee members so that you are all working together in the best interests of the organisation.
This live, interactive training focuses on the role in practice. Along with our five other trustee training sessions, our training will support you in your role as a trustee and ensure you are meeting the Charity Good Governance Code.