What makes a really great trustee? It’s not just about bringing your passion to support a good cause – you also need to understand the basics of governance, legal and financial requirements and different roles in your organisation.
We can help you gain the knowledge you need to fulfil your role with confidence and to have impact.
This live, interactive training will give you a clear understanding of the role of a trustee in practice, and help you develop skills and enhance board performance.
By the end of the course you will have an understanding of:
- Roles of ‘trustee, director and management committee’
- Voluntary and community sector legal structures
- Governance and the key principles of good governance
- Trustee legal duties and responsibilities
- How to make the split between management and governance work.