A Community First Yorkshire event
Trustee Recruitment and Succession Planning
Recruiting trustees is a challenge for many UK charities. There are an estimated 90,000 vacancies for trusteeships, and 90% of charities rely on existing networks and word of mouth to recruit trustees. However, this is not always in the best interest of charities, and the resulting board of trustees can fail to be representative of the communities and clients they serve.
This training will cover the steps to recruiting a trustee including:
- identifying the skills and experience the board may be missing
- planning the recruitment process including writing a trustee role description
- explore the existing barriers to recruiting trustees to your board.
- Build an understanding of how to ensure you are reaching the potential applicants you need on your board.
- consider how to adapt board behaviours to ensure your new trustees can contribute fully
- evaluating the trustee recruitment process and laying strong foundations for future recruitment including succession planning.
Who should attend?
This training is suitable for existing charity trustees or staff of charitable bodies who have been unsuccessful in recruiting the trustees they need, and wish to review their recruitment processes. Charitable bodies who do not have a current succession planning strategy in place will also benefit from this training.
Is it expected that participants on this training will have completed the ‘Trustee recruitment’ bitesize learning session before attending this session, or, be currently working with a Community First Yorkshire Development Officer on a recruitment issue.
Please note this training is aimed at organisations and groups based in North Yorkshire or delivering services within North Yorkshire.
What will you learn?
During the training you will explore the following:
- understanding who is missing from your board
- the existing barriers to recruiting trustees to your board
- understanding how to ensure you are reaching the potential applicants you need on your board
- how to adapt board behaviours to ensure your new trustees can contribute fully
- establishing a clear succession planning strategy to help future proof your board.
Booking deadline date: Sunday 25 September 2022, 10:00am
If you have any questions about booking or invoicing please contact email@example.com or telephone 01904 704177.
Attendees can receive refunds for cancellations up to 7 days before the event date.
This event is free to organisations in North Yorkshire with an income of up to £5k thanks to funding from North Yorkshire County Council.
Places for other organisations are £35 (incl. VAT)
If you are a small organisation that would struggle to attend this training, a limited number of bursary places may be available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01904 704177 to discuss this further.
Please note that non-attendance on training you have booked on will require the full payment, this also applies to bursary and funded places. This is to allow as many participants as possible access to our training. See our Terms and Conditions for more information.