A Community First Yorkshire event
Trustee Essentials Session 3 – Understanding Money is My Business
All trustees have a shared responsibility for their organisation’s finances. Increasing competition for funding and pressures to improve efficiency means that trustees need to be confident that they understand this vital part of their charity’s strategy.
This training session provides an overview of the key areas that are essential for all trustees. It provides an opportunity to raise any specific questions you may have around your financial obligations.
This live, interactive training focuses on the role in practice. Along with our four other ‘bitesize learning’ sessions and ‘Being the Best Trustee’ our training will support you in your role as trustee and ensure you are meeting the Charity Good Governance Code.
See our other bite-size sessions:
- Trustee Essentials Session 1 – Being the Best Trustee: Induction and Refresher
- Trustee Essentials Session 2 – Understanding Risk is My Business
- Trustee Essentials Session 3 – Understanding Money is My Business
- Trustee Essentials Session 4 – Safeguarding Responsibilities for Trustees
- Trustee Essentials Session 5 – Building an Inclusive Board
- Trustee Essentials Session 6 – How to Successfully Recruit Trustees
Who should attend?
This training is suitable for all trustees who want to obtain a general understanding of their financial responsibilities. It does not require you to have a background in finance.
What will you learn?
- By the end of the course you will understand:
- How to protect your charity’s money, including looking at internal financial controls and identifying and managing risks
- What you need to do to know about your charity’s financial position, including setting a budget and checking income and expenditure against it
- The need to keep accurate financial records
- The rules around payments to trustees
- Steps you should take to deal with financial problems quickly.
About the trainer
This training will be delivered by Andy Shield. Andy is an experienced Development Officer and has worked for many years supporting trustees of community groups and charities across North Yorkshire.
Booking deadline date: Monday 3 October 2022, 12:00pm
If you have any questions about booking or invoicing please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01904 704177.
Attendees can receive refunds for cancellations up to 7 days before the event date.
This event is free to organisations in North Yorkshire with an income of up to £5k thanks to funding from North Yorkshire County Council.
Places for other organisations are £18pp (incl VAT) for this session only / £90 (incl VAT) for this session and 5 Trustee Essentials sessions.
If you are a small organisation that would struggle to attend this training, a limited number of bursary places may be available. Please contact email@example.com or 01904 704177 to discuss this further.
Please note that non-attendance on training you have booked on will require the full payment, this also applies to bursary and funded places. This is to allow as many participants as possible access to our training. See our Terms and Conditions for more information.