A Community First Yorkshire event
Trustee Essentials Session 2 – Understanding Risk is My Business
Risks are and will always be present within any size of organisation. Do you understand your risks, what they are, and your role in managing them?
All trustees have a duty to regularly review and assess the risks faced by their charity and plan for the management of those risks.
This training will help you manage your risk management process to support resilience across your organisation.
This live, interactive training focuses on the role in practice. Along with our four other ‘bitesize learning’ sessions and ‘Being the Best Trustee’ our training will support you in your role as trustee and ensure you are meeting the Charity Good Governance Code.
See our other bite-size sessions:
- Trustee Essentials Session 1 – Being the Best Trustee: Induction and Refresher
- Trustee Essentials Session 2 – Understanding Risk is My Business
- Trustee Essentials Session 3 – Understanding Money is My Business
- Trustee Essentials Session 4 – Safeguarding Responsibilities for Trustees
- Trustee Essentials Session 5 – Building an Inclusive Board
- Trustee Essentials Session 6 – How to Successfully Recruit Trustees
Who should attend?
This training is aimed at all individuals who are involved in the organisation in any capacity including trustees and employees.
Please note this training is aimed at organisations and groups based in North Yorkshire or delivering services within North Yorkshire.
What will you learn?
- The use of a risk register in helping trustees identify the risks that apply to their charity.
- How to classify the risks that are strategic or major risks, and those that are less serious.
- The benefits of managing risks with an effective risk register.
- Ten of the typical weaknesses of risk registers.
About the trainer
Shahida Iqbal, Director, Manar Associates Ltd
Shahida has extensive experience of supporting charities to work through governance issues.
Booking deadline date: Monday 19 Sept 2022, 12:00pm.
If you have any questions about booking or invoicing please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01904 704177.
Attendees can receive refunds for cancellations up to 7 days before the event date.
This event is free to organisations in North Yorkshire with an income of up to £5k thanks to funding from North Yorkshire County Council.
Places for other organisations are £18pp (incl VAT) for this session only / £90 (incl VAT) for this session and 5 Trustee Essentials sessions.
If you are a small organisation that would struggle to attend this training, a limited number of bursary places may be available. Please contact email@example.com or 01904 704177 to discuss this further.
Please note that non-attendance on training you have booked on will require the full payment, this also applies to bursary and funded places. This is to allow as many participants as possible access to our training. See our Terms and Conditions for more information.