Topics explored included making financial information understandable and accessible for all trustees, increase in HMRC mileage payment threshold, useful sources of financial information and charity bank challenges.
Resources shared after the session included:
- Community First Yorkshire Bitesize Trustee Training: Understanding Money is My Business , 3 May (will be repeated).
- Free training by Charity Digital: Charity finance series two: budgeting, futureproofing, and reporting. First session 11 May.
- Petition to increase mileage payments: HMRC mileage rate for reimbursing the use of private cars for employees has been fixed at 45p per since 2011. Petition to increase it to 60p per mile is here.
Useful sources of financial information:
- Sign up to the Sayer Vincent newsletter here and Hays Macintyre newsletter here.
- Charity banking challenges: NCVO national survey on behalf of the Civil Society Group (of which ACRE is a member). Aim is to capture banking issues affecting the voluntary and community sector and inform discussions with the Charity Commission and UK Finance. Closing date: 6 May. Complete the survey here.