- Community First Yorkshire presentation slides – Involving and Supporting Volunteers with Criminal Records
- Giving TIme presentation slides – volunteering for people with criminal convictions
- Criminal Record Disclosure Template
- Case studies
- Risk Assessment Offence, Classification and Review guide
- A copy of the Giving Time toolkit Andrina referred to is available here.
Connecting you with other volunteer organisers
We provide practical guidance and support to volunteer coordinators and managers across North Yorkshire.
You can access support on a range of areas including: volunteer recruitment and retention, policies and procedures and operational good practice. We also facilitate a regular support network for people managing volunteers and host a free online directory of volunteering opportunities.
Upcoming network meetings
Share your experience of volunteer coordination, learn about new resources and policy development, and explore mutual topics of interest. In these inclusive network meetings, members set the agenda. Open to everyone who supports volunteers within North Yorkshire.
Previous network meetings
An overview of previous network meeting discussions, useful links and resources.
12 September 2023: Involving and Supporting Volunteers with Criminal Records
8 December 2022: Involving overseas volunteers
- Presentation on overseas volunteers from Migration Yorkshire
- Presentation from the Refugee Council
- Overview presentation about the meeting
- Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities information on Certificates of No Criminal Convictions (CNCC)
- Presentation from Transformations Leeds on involving overseas volunteers.
15 September 2022: Supporting older people with volunteering
- Presentation – Involving and Supporting Older People
- Voice and Representation of Older People slides
- Dementia Forward slides
- Slides- introduction to age-friendly communities webinar- 4.8.22
- Notes from Age Friendly Communities Webinar
- A5 4pp Dementia Forward Leaflet
- Ageing Better – Resources for Community Groups
- Evidence Library Resources
Volunteer coordinator news
Our bi-monthly round up dedicated to everything volunteering. Subscribe here to get it delivered straight to your inbox each month.
Advertise your volunteering vacancies
If your organisation is looking for volunteers, you can advertise your volunteering opportunities for free on our Volunteering in North Yorkshire directory.
You can add and edit details of volunteer opportunities and respond to enquiries from potential volunteers on the website. Your opportunities can also be included in our weekly newsletter feature ‘Opportunity of the Week’. Subscribe to the newsletter here.
Our toolkits, resources and guides will support your organisation with everything from becoming volunteer ready to getting to grips with volunteer recruitment, support and management.
- Volunteer management toolkit: A guide to involving, supporting and celebrating volunteers
- Trustee recruitment toolkit: A guide to trustee recruitment
- Volunteering information sheets
We have a wide range of general information applicable to different aspects of running a successful organisation which includes good governance; finance and funding; policies and procedures and operational good practice.
To find out more about the network please contact Lizzie Clapham or Vicki Sharp firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01904 704177.