Safeguarding: it is everyone’s responsibility to protect people from harm or abuse. It applies to every charity or community group – not just those who work with children or adults at risk.
As a trustee, you have a responsibility to prioritise the safety of anyone who comes into contact with your organisation or group whether they are beneficiaries, volunteers, staff or visitors.
This workshop focuses on developing your confidence in safeguarding matters, and ensuring that you are up to date with the latest safeguarding governance and understand your responsibility as a trustee.
This live, interactive training focuses on the role application of trustee duties in the context of safeguarding. Along with our other trustee training, we can support you in your role as trustee and ensure you are meeting the Charity Good Governance Code.
Participants will develop their knowledge and understanding of:
- The role of trust, assurance and accountability in the context of safeguarding in charities
- What is meant by good safeguarding governance
- Safeguarding duties and responsibilities of trustees within your charity
- How to access a range of up to date informative resources on good practice
- How to access further safeguarding policy and procedure support beyond the session.
You will leave the session with practical tools to help increase the effectiveness of your group.
This will also be an opportunity to network with other organisations