What makes an effective volunteer manager/coordinator? What are the key responsibilities and how do they differ across the sector?
How can you ensure effective ongoing support for volunteers? What different types of support are available and how do we ensure inclusive volunteering? How can problems be resolved and where can you go for help?
This NEWLY REVISED volunteer management training provides the knowledge you need to fulfil your role with confidence and to have impact.
This newly revised Managing Volunteers training is broken up into four sections over two sessions. In this two and a half hour interactive session (the second of the two Managing Volunteers training sessions) we will cover:
- Section 3: Supporting and Developing Volunteers
- Section 4: Celebrating the impact of Volunteers
You may also like to attend the first Managing Volunteers session (4 July, 2-4pm or 6 July, 6-8.30pm) where we will look at involving, reaching and recruiting volunteers.
By the end of the session you will have an understanding of:
- Importance of induction and ongoing support for volunteers
- Different types of support, including ongoing training opportunities and regular communication
- Inclusive Volunteering – strengths based person centred approaches
- How to hold meaningful catch up sessions
- How to identify and assess problems
- How to respond to challenging situations and understand why an issue has arisen
- How to resolve problems to ensure the best outcome for all concerned
- Volunteer surveys
- Exit interviews
- Summary of volunteer recruitment and on-going support plan (retention)
- When to ask for help, self-care and who to approach for further support
- Vision for Volunteering
- Demonstrating and sharing volunteer impact with volunteers and external audiences
- Ways to say thank you.