So you’d like to involve volunteers in your organisation, but will they want to get on board?
Whether you’re looking to recruit volunteers for the first time, or you’ve struggled to attract them in the past, careful preparation is the key to success.
From helping volunteers to feel welcome and supported, to understanding your legal requirements, this training session will look at good practice in volunteer management to lay a firm foundation for your future success with volunteers.
What will you learn?
The training will help you understand:
- What makes a volunteer different from other types of workers
- What motivates people to volunteer
- What laws apply to volunteers and how this might affect your organisation
- Why it is important to consider the capacity of your organisation to involve volunteers before you begin recruitment.
Following the session, you will be able to:
- Write an ‘involving volunteers’ plan or policy
- Hold an informed discussion about how volunteers will fit into your group’s structure and mission
- Understand how you’ll make your organisation appealing to volunteers
- Plan how your organisation will manage and support volunteers.
A step by step plan and resources to help you write your own ‘involving volunteers’ policy, including templates, best practise examples and links to further information.
Take advantage of our suite of volunteer management training
You can either dip your toe into this one training session, or take advantage of our suite of volunteer management training.
We’ve developed a suite of volunteer management training that covers everything you need to know about becoming a great volunteer manager, from policies and planning, to safeguarding, celebrating, recruitment and retention.
Other training sessions available to you include: