You need new volunteers, but how do you implement a successful recruitment campaign?
What qualities are you looking for in a volunteer? What qualities do you think they are looking for from you?
Recruiting and welcoming volunteers is not unlike recruiting and orienting staff. However, unlike paid staff, volunteers have no reason to stay if they do not enjoy their role.
This means that it’s crucial that you recruit the right volunteer and welcome them in a way that sets them up to engage with your organisation and thrive there.
We’re here to provide you with a clear understanding of how to successfully recruit and retain volunteers.
What will you learn?
This training will help you understand:
- Where to advertise the role to reach potential volunteers
- How to write engaging adverts
- The different stages of the recruitment process
- When it is appropriate to undertake extra checks e.g. DBS
- Why a welcoming induction is so important.
We will give you the tools to be able to:
- Write an accurate and appealing volunteer role description
- Create a marketing plan for successful volunteer recruitment
- Create the resources needed to enable a successful recruitment and induction process, including volunteer agreements, volunteer handbook and expenses policies.
A step by step plan and the resources to write your own:
- Volunteer application form
- Reference requests
- Volunteer agreement
- Volunteer handbook
- Induction checklist
- Expenses policy and procedure
We will include templates, best practise examples and links to further information.
Take advantage of our Volunteer Management training bundle
You can either dip your toe into this one training session, or dive right in to our volunteer management training bundle.
We’ve developed a suite of volunteer management training that covers everything you need to know about becoming a great volunteer manager, from policies and planning, to safeguarding, celebrating, recruitment and retention.
Other training sessions available to you include: